Choosing the Right Style of Bathroom Faucet
When it comes time to renovate or update your bathroom, selecting the right style of bathroom faucet can be a daunting task. With so many faucet styles, materials and finishes on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one to choose for your perfect bathroom ensemble.
Considerations for Selecting a Faucet
- Esthetic: Faucets can be selected with a certain look in mind. Whether you’re looking for a traditional, streamlined, modern or antique look, there’s a faucet style to match any desired bathroom aesthetic.
- Functionality: Different types of faucets offer different capabilities in terms of the amount of water flow, temperature control and specific features.
- Budget: Faucet selection can depend on the customer’s budget limitations. Many designer faucets can come with a hefty price tag, while others are more reasonably priced.
- Installation: Faucets must be installed in the right type of sink, depending on the hole pattern. Faucets often also come with different installation type options, such as deck-mounted vs wall-mounted.
Types of Faucets
When selecting a faucet, there are a few different types to choose from, including:
- Centerset Faucets: A centerset faucet has two handles with a spout in the middle. They are designed for vanity tops with three pre-drilled holes.
- Widespread Faucets: Widespread faucets also have two handles, but the spout is set in the middle of the handles, which are further apart. This type of faucet works well with larger vanity tops with a three-hole sink configuration.
- Single-Hole Faucets: This type of faucet is the most modern design. It has one handle and a spout, which is mounted directly to a single hole in the vanity top.
- Wall-Mounted Faucets: This type of faucet is quite eye-catching and provides a modern look. It is mounted directly to the wall and is ideal for adding a stylish flair to any bathroom.
Choosing the right style of bathroom faucet can be a daunting task. From the desired esthetic to the function of the faucet, the selection process can be overwhelming. With so many different types and styles of faucets on the market, it’s important to consider all the factors before making a decision. Having the right bathroom faucet can be the difference between a run of the mill bathroom and one that stands out. A faucet carries the responsibility of a few major tasks: rain shower spraying, hand washing and temperature control. All these tasks must be taken into consideration when choosing the right style of bathroom faucet. With an ever-expanding selection of faucets, there is an option for every type of bathroom design.
The most important factor when selecting a bathroom faucet is the handle configuration. This is determined by the number of handles needed and the type of handles they require. Single handle faucets are the most popular configuration, and this option allows for both temperature and flow to be controlled via one handle. For those who are looking for more control, dual handle faucets are available in the center-set, widespread and wall-mount varieties.
The configuration of the handle will dictate the spread or reach of the faucet. Faucet handles make all the difference when it comes to a bathroom’s overall look and feel. Lever handles are the most common type, but knob is still a popular option as well.
The spout of the faucet is also worth considering. A one-piece single-hole faucet is ideal for small bathrooms that require a streamlined look. Deck-mounted spouts, on the other hand, are great for larger bathrooms as they provide a more traditional aesthetic.
For those seeking a luxurious touch, rain shower faucets or waterfall faucets are the perfect addition to any bathroom. Rain shower faucets are designed to imitate rainfall and can be found in both one-piece and two-piece designs. Waterfall faucets feature cascading water and can be used when creating a spa-like atmosphere.
Finally, it is important to think about the finish of the faucet. This can range from classic polished chrome for a traditional look, to copper for a modern aesthetic. Brushed nickel, bronze, and stainless steel finishes are also popular options.
Choosing the right bathroom faucet is essential for creating a stylish and functional space. No matter the style of bathroom, there is a faucet to suit it. Consider all the handle configurations, spouts, finishes and features of different faucets, and be sure to pick one that is both appealing and practical for the best results.