A Guide To Buying & Installing Toilets For Your Bathroom
Are you ready to shop and install toilets for your bathroom? Before you do, read through this guide! This guide will provide all the information you need to purchase and install a new toilet in your bathroom.
Choosing the Right ToiletWhen it comes to selecting the right toilet for your bathroom, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Size: Start by measuring the space available for your toilet. Standard-sized toilets have a rough-in measurement of 12 inches, but if you have a larger area you can opt for an elongated bowl.
- Style: Consider the overall design and aesthetic of your bathroom. Most home improvement stores offer a wide selection of toilets in different styles and colors.
- Features: Do you want a basic toilet with a single flush, or a more advanced model with dual flush or automatic flush capabilities? The more features you want, the more expensive the toilet will be.
Installing the ToiletInstalling a toilet is not difficult, but it is important to make sure you do it properly. Here are the steps you need to take to install your toilet:
- Turn off the water valve to the toilet.
- Unscrew the old toilet and remove it.
- Measure the distance between the floor and the drain pipe.
- Place the wax ring over the drainpipe and onto the floor.
- Carefully place the new toilet on top of the wax ring, making sure it is level.
- Tighten the bolts to secure the toilet in place.
- Connect the water line to the toilet.
- Turn on the water valve and flush the toilet to make sure it is working properly.