Tips For Installing A Toilet In Your Bathroom
Installing a toilet in your bathroom can be a daunting task, but with the right knowledge and supplies, it doesn’t have to be. By following a few guidelines and tips, your new toilet will be up and running in no time.
- Make sure you have all the necessary supplies on hand before you begin. You'll need a toilet set, toilet wax, screws, caulk, and a wrench.
- Before you buy the toilet, measure carefully to make sure you get the right size. Measure the space where the toilet is going, and measure any pipes or fixtures that will be connected to it.
- Turn off the water before you begin by finding the water shut-off valve.
- Be sure to have a bucket and a good supply of rags handy. Things can get messy when working with plumbing, so be prepared.
- Secure the toilet to the floor, making sure it's level and stable. Use the screws provided, and tightening them with the wrench.
- Set the wax ring around the drainpipe, and place the toilet over it. Make sure the toilet is flush with the floor, and press down firmly.
- Connect the supply line to the bottom of the toilet. Use locking pliers and a wrench to tighten the connection securely.
- Turn the water back on at the shut-off valve.
- Check for leaks. After turning the water back on, flush the toilet and check for any leaks around the base or supply line.
- Caulk around the base of the toilet with a mildew-resistant sealant. This will help keep water from leaking and prevent the buildup of mildew.
- Finally, clean the area and put away your supplies. You’re all finished!