Tips To Avoid Common Mistakes When Installing Toilets In Your Bathroom
Installing a toilet in your bathroom can be a challenging task, but by following these simple tips, you can ensure that you get it done right the first time.
Prepare the Space
- Choose the right location: When choosing the spot for your toilet, make sure that it's not too close to the wall, as this can make it difficult to seal the wax ring properly.
- Level the floor: If the floor isn't level, the toilet won't sit properly. Use a level to check the floor before you start the installation.
- Clear the area: Remove any old toilets, debris, and other materials before installing the new toilet.
Install the Toilet
- Secure the bolts: Before placing the new toilet on the floor, make sure that the bolts are firmly in place and tightened properly.
- Install the wax ring: The wax ring will ensure a proper seal between the toilet and the floor. Make sure to follow the instructions on the package and press the toilet firmly against the floor to ensure the wax ring seals properly.
- Tighten the bolts: Using a wrench, tighten the bolts to ensure the toilet is securely in place. Make sure not to overtighten the bolts, as this can damage the toilet.
- Connect the water line: Using the included hardware, connect the water line from the valve to the toilet and turn on the water.
- Check for leaks: After the installation is complete, check for any signs of a leak. If there is a leak, turn off the water and fix the issue.
- Test flush: To make sure the toilet is functioning properly, test it out by flushing it. If it works, you're all set.